Our History

We were chartered on January 17, 1959 as the Fort Pierce Power Squadron. For a view of our original charter click here "Original Charter". Original Charter". Our first commander was Cdr Billy Joe Price. As the Fort Pierce Power Squadron, we had 26 different commanders and 30 Change of Watches. Fort Pierce Power Squadron change its name in 1989 to the Port St Lucie Power Squadron. The reason for the name change was due to the fact that most of the members were located in Port St Lucie and not Fort Pierce. Since the name change to Port St Lucie Power Squadron, there has been 20 different commanders and 23 Change of Watches. There has been a number of commanders who have served more than one watch term.

Commanders Dates
Elmer G. Moffatt, N  1962,1963
Eric R. Williams, Sr., AP 1966, 1971
Clinton S. Goodwin, N 1976, 1977
Ora W. Cobb, P 1982, 1984
Robert W. Badgley, P 1988, 1989
Raymond W. Clarke, AP 2001, 2005
Don Widmayer, AP 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010
Malischka Dunlap, AP 2003, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Port St Lucie Power Sqadron celabrated their 50th anniversary and change of watch on February 13, 2009 by taking a three hour cruise aboard the Island Princess. The squadron is now looking forward to the next 50 years of education and fun on the water.